All of our products are constantly being tested in our in-house development and quality assurance laboratory, which is equipped to the highest technical standards. In addition, we voluntarily submit to the external monitoring of important products through accredited inspection authorities so as to be able to place relations with our customers on an objective basis of trust.
In this way, we guarantee that the quality of Vialit products is monitored according to the latest quality protection criteria. Random drill core samples from roadworks sites that use our products and methods round off the practice-oriented quality tests.
Vialit products in a top quality – guaranteed by continuous factory production controls
The Vialit quality laboratory is equipped with the latest high-end test equipment:
- Stray laser light measuring device to determine the particle size distribution
- Rheometer (dynamic shear rheometer) to test technical binder parameters
- Top quality emulsion technology apparatus
- “Vialit-Cohesion-Pendulum” to determine the cohesion of binders
- Test press to determine the Marshall stability
Conventional test and inspection methods that are normal in the industry are compulsory, methods and procedures developed by our own specialists voluntary! These include:
- A method for the simple testing of rheological bitumen parameters
- A quick test method for binder contents in bitumen emulsions (microwave method and online process control by means of PC)
- Very simple proportioning quantity check at surface treatment roadwork sites (egg carton method)
- Practical methods for the on-site analysis of the bitumen content of slurry surfacing
- Quick tester to test the strength of the rock directly at the roadwork sites – (Splitt-Test-Schnell STS – quick grit test)
The staff in Vialit’s quality laboratory are also sought-after as experts in specialist road construction committees at home and abroad, e.g. in the Austrian Research Association for Roads, Railways and Transport, in the Austrian Standards Institute and in professional associations. They cooperate with research centres, inspection bodies and universities, publish technical literature and give specialist lectures. What’s more, they are involved in national and European ring trials and their analysis.